Friday, January 14, 2011

Live Life

This is a picture of me and my dear friend Kris Marceno.  We both shared a love for music and theatre and met when we were little kids doing Ira David Wood III's production of A Christmas Carol (a musical comedy that was rewritten from Charles Dicken's version).  It has been a tradition in Raleigh for the last 32 years, and I have been blessed to be a part of it for 9 of those years.  Kris died two years ago at the age of 15 from playing The Choking Game.  Kris' laughter was infectious and he was always able to make me smile.  There is not a day that goes by where he does not cross my mind and where I regret not being able to save him.  I have learned a lot from Kris' life and death and because of what he taught me I am always going to live my life to the fullest.  Please visit krismarcenofoundation.com to learn more about The Choking Game and to possibly help save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment